|Gmail Notifier is a highly customizable browser extension that notifies you about the incoming emails from all your Google-Mail accounts and labels. Gmail notifier is available for Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari.|
- Receive notifications from multiple accounts and labels
- Mark messages as read, report spam, and trash or archive messages right from the toolbar panel
- Low bandwidth usage via RSS technology
- What's new in this version?
See our version history page at the Firefox add-ons site for details about this update.
- How to sign-in into multiple accounts at once?
First, sign-in to your primary Gmail account. Then click on your name or email address at the top of the page. Select "Add account" from the drop-down menu. On the page that opens, enter the email address and password for another account you wish to access, and click "Sign in".
- How to add/remove the toolbar button in Firefox?
To add/remove the toolbar icon right-click on a free space in your Firefox toolbar and select "Customize...". Now you can drag and drop the button to a new position.
- How to access to the Gmail Notifier's settings?
To change addon's settings go to Firefox -> add-ons -> Gmail notifier -> Options.
- How to adjust Gmail Notifer to get label-specific notifications?
To get notification for a specific label other than 'inbox', open the settings page, and add the 'label-name' to get notification of in the 'feeds' section
- Is it possible to disable specific accounts from receiving notifications?
Yes, in the settings page, remove label "inbox" for that particular account.
- Is it possible to get notification for a specific category (Primary, Promotions, Social, Updates, and Forums)?
Yes, you can watch these specific categories by adding one or more of these labels in the "feeds" section. ^smartlabel_personal, ^smartlabel_newsletter, ^smartlabel_promo, ^smartlabel_notification, ^smartlabel_group. Optionally remove label "inbox" to only get notifications of the categories.
Note: these labels are not limited to your inbox, hence you will get notification for unread emails in the category even if they are not in your inbox
- How to get notifications from Google Calendar?
It is possible to get notifications from your Google Calendar right from this extension. To do so, you need to configure Google Calendar to send you email reminders. Then you need to configure your Gmail to filter those messages in a defined label (also select skip inbox option to prevent inbox cluttering). Now set Gmail notifier to track that specific label (read FAQ ).
- Gmail notifier only monitors first 5 accounts by default. How to extend this?
The instruction is available here.
- I cannot disable sound notification in Mac OS?
From Firefox 28.0, Firefox notifications are handled by Mac Notification Center which causes an extra notification sound. If you dont want to get any notification sound at all you need to uncheck "Play alert sound for new emails" from Gmail Notifier settings as well as sound notification for Firefox from the Notification Center (check image below). Related GitHub topic.
- I have too many emails in my account and I am not willing to delete them. By default the notifier badge number is the total number of all unread emails which in my case is a big number! Is there anyway to request notification for only the recent emails (say emails of the last two days)?
Yes, the instruction is available here
- How to have more than one toolbar buttons so that each notifier can be configured for separate account (such as different alert sound or different toolbar counter)?
To do so you need to hack into the code! The instruction is provided here.
If you have questions about the extension, or ideas on how to improve it, please post them on our support site.