|Gmail Notifier is a highly customizable browser extension that notifies you about the incoming emails from all your Google-Mail accounts and labels.|
- Receive notifications from multiple accounts and labels
- Mark messages as read, report spam, and trash or archive messages right from the toolbar panel
- Low bandwidth usage via RSS technology
- What's new in this version?
See our version history page at the Firefox add-ons site for details about this update.
- How to sign-in into multiple accounts at once?
First, sign-in to your primary Gmail account. Then click on your name or email address at the top of the page. Select "Add account" from the drop-down menu. On the page that opens, enter the email address and password for another account you wish to access, and click "Sign in".
- How to add/remove the toolbar button?
To add/remove the toolbar icon right-click on a free space in your Firefox toolbar and select "Customize...". Now you can drag and drop the button to a new position.
- How to access to the Gmail Notifier's settings?
To change addon's settings go to Firefox -> add-ons -> Gmail notifier -> Options.
Note to Firefox users: In version 0.5.0, Options cannot be accessed from add-ons manager anymore (this will be fixed soon). For now, you can either right click on the toolbar button, or directly open resource://jid0-gjwrpchs3ugt7xydvqvk4dqk8ls-at-jetpack/ignotifier/data/options/index.html in your Firefox browser to access Options.
- How to adjust Gmail Notifer to get label-specific notifications?
To get notification for a specific label other than inbox, in the settings page, append following string at the end of the text box:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/feed/atom/label-namewhere the label-name is the name of the label to get notification of. To get notification for other accounts (rather than primary account) replace "0" with an integer (1, 2, 3, ...).
- Is it possible to disable specific accounts from receiving notifications?
Yes, you can find the instruction here.
- Is it possible to get notification for a specific category (Primary, Promotions, Social, Updates, and Forums)?
Yes, here is the list of feeds. Select one or more and add them to the "Gmail Feeds" in the settings.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/feed/atom/^smartlabel_personal https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/feed/atom/^smartlabel_newsletter https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/feed/atom/^smartlabel_promo https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/feed/atom/^smartlabel_notification https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/feed/atom/^smartlabel_groupNote: these labels are not limited to inbox, you will get notification for unread emails in the category even if they are not in your inbox
Note: to get notification on categories other than primary account, change the account id ("0" in the above feed URLS). Read FAQ  for more info.
- How to get notifications from Google Calendar?
It is possible to get notifications from your Google Calendar right from this extension. To do so, you need to configure Google Calendar to send you email reminders. Then you need to configure your Gmail to filter those messages in a defined label (also select skip inbox option to prevent inbox cluttering). Now set Gmail notifier to track that specific label (read FAQ ).
- Gmail notifier only monitors 4 accounts by default. How to extend this?
The instruction is available here.
- I cannot disable sound notification in Mac OS?
From Firefox 28.0, Firefox notifications are handled by Mac Notification Center which causes an extra notification sound. If you dont want to get any notification sound at all you need to uncheck "Play alert sound for new emails" from Gmail Notifier settings as well as sound notification for Firefox from the Notification Center (check image below). Related GitHub topic.
- I have too many emails in my account and I am not willing to delete them. By default the notifier badge number is the total number of all unread emails which in my case is a big number! Is there anyway to request notification for only the recent emails (say emails of the last two days)?
Yes, the instruction is available here
- How to have more than one toolbar buttons so that each notifier can be configured for separate account (such as different alert sound or different toolbar counter)?
To do so you need to hack into the code! The instruction is provided here.
If you have questions about the extension, or ideas on how to improve it, please post them on our support site.