|"Google Shortcuts" is a Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari extension to access all Google Products in a single customizable panel. After the install, open the panel and customize it to have all the useful products into the view section (from the hidden section). Use left-click to open a product in the current tab or use middle-click or Ctrl + left-click to open a product in a new background tab.|
- Google Web Search: Search billions of web pages
- Image Search: Search for images on the web
- Google News: Search thousands of news stories
- Google Earth: Explore the world from your computer
- Google Maps: View maps and directions
- Drive: Create, share and keep all your stuff in one place
- and many more ..
- Load requested features from GitHub
What's new in this version?
Please check the Logs section.
Why individual icons are removed from the latest version for Firefox browser?
Google Shortcuts extension is now on the latest version of JPM. Due to the recent changes in the SDK, it is not recommended to keep individual toolbar buttons anymore performance wise. If you really like to have them back, just install the older version from Mozilla add-ons website, though this is not recommended.
Is it possible for the panel to auto-close itself after a Google product is clicked?
Yes, in the latest release, you can click on the gear icon. There is a new option to control the panel behavior after a link is clicked.
There are some icons in the description which I cannot see in the panel. How can I fix this?
Click on the gear icon and reset the buttons back to the default set. The new added icons should now appear in the hidden section
How to add/remove the toolbar button in Firefox?
To add/remove the toolbar icon right-click on a free space in your Firefox toolbar and select "Customize...". Now you can drag and drop the button to a new position.
How to access to the settings?
To change addon's settings, click on the settings icon located at the bottom-left corner of the panel
How to install Google Shortcuts in your Firefox?
To install Google Shortcuts, head to Mozilla Store and click on "Add to Firefox" button.
How to uninstall Google Shortcuts from your Firefox?
To uninstall Google Shortcuts go to Firefox -> Add-ons -> Extension Name, then press Uninstall button.
What can I do if I got "This developer's server appears to be busy. Please try again later." message while trying to download Google Shortcuts extension in Safari?
You can download the safariextz file directly from the GitHub repository, https://github.com/andy-portmen/google-shortcuts-cross-platform/blob/master/src/shortcuts.safariextz?raw=true.
|Please keep reviews clean, avoid the use of improper language and do not post any personal information.||HTML tags|
Specially designed for Chrome, Opera, Safari and Firefox browsers, Google Shortcuts gives you access to all of your favorite Google products in an instant. With everyone being strapped for time, and having to stay on top of things for work or your personal life, a few smart apps can go a long way in getting you more organized. Most popular browsers have already made it easy to integrate apps like reminders and notes to make sure you don't forget an important event or loose vital information. Firefox, as always, is taking it one step further by allowing the integration of a number of add-ons including extensions to transform the mundane web browsing experience. Starting off with themes to change the look of your browsers, Mozilla add-ons now include a number of useful extensions that allow you to combine different download management, news, entertainment, shopping, and social tools in a single place without having to open up each service individually.
Google Shortcuts has been developed for a quick and easy install process. The best part is that it is instantly integrated with your browser and does not require you to restart. Once downloaded, simply follow the steps below: Start off by selecting your favorite Google services that you wish to access. A customization panel will allow you to change icons, size, and color according to your taste. Individual icons can be added or removed from the “Customize” panel. Icons can easily be moved by dragging and dropping to a preferred area.
Google Shortcuts comes with several features, including: Customizable panel width which allows you to change the number of columns visible. Adjustable icon size in pixels, with custom individual icons. Reset the panel after any changes in the same session by opening the toolbar panel, clicking on settings, and selecting reset. Once reloaded, any changes you made to the arrangement or lineup of services is immediately visible.
The list of selected Google products available from a total of 101 products is:
- Google Web Search for searching through billions of web pages
- Google Mobile to get products on your cell phone
- Youtube for all of your video needs
- Image Search for a comprehensive web search
- Video Search to review the latest videos online
- Google Books to show the full text of selected volumes
- Google News to stay up to date with the latest happenings around the globe
- Picasa to manage and share your photos
- Latitude to see where your friends are right now
- Google Earth to explore the planet in detail
- SketchUp to build simple 3D models effortlessly
- Google Maps to find your way around
- Panoramio to explore and share photos from around the world
- Drive to keep all types of files on hand for instant access
- Google Calendar to organize and share your schedule with friends
- Google Translate to translate a web page to or from 50 major languages
- Gmail for all of your email requirements
- Google Talk to instant message and stay in touch with your friends
What's new in this version