|"Private Network Master" is a browser extension to route all the browser traffic through an external server. Basically, the extension looks for a configurable proxy server of type HTTP, HTTPS, SOCKS4, or SOCKS5 from two free proxy providers and set the returned proxy server to your browser to pass all your traffic through this proxy server. Note that only your browser traffic passes through the remote server, not your entire network traffic. You can configure the extension to find specific proxy servers with predefined properties such as the server type or whether the servers are anonymous or not. After a proxy server is found, the extension uses dyndns.org to verify if you are connected to the internet or not. If there was a problem in your connection, the extension resets the network configuration back to whatever it was before applying the proxy server and tries to find a new server until a reliable server is detected. In contrast to the other similar services, this extension only looks for free proxy servers, so there is no sever cost.|
- Reliable VPN solution with a lot of servers to select from
- Support server selection customization
- Verify connection issues and reset network if any found
- Load requested features from GitHub
What is the "Private Network Master" extension and how does it work?
This extension relies on two free proxy server services to find you a reliable proxy server. When a proxy server is found based on the configuration user requested, the extension uses dyndns.org to check the external IP address and displays the result in the popup. If your browser is connected to the internet, the toolbar icon changes to the colorful format. If not, the extension resets your network to connect directly to bypass all the system level proxy configurations. Then requests a new proxy server and then validates the newly set proxy server. This operation continues until a proxy server is found or maximum retries reach.
What's new in this version?
Please check the Logs section.
What options do I have before requesting a new proxy server?
Open the popup and in the server section you can configure the following properties:
- GET requests support: Whether HTTP GET is supported by the proxy server or not (recommended: True)
- POST requests support: Whether HTTP POST is supported by the proxy server or not (recommended: True)
- Cookies support: Does this proxy server supports “set-cookie” header or not (recommended: All)
- Referer header support: Does this proxy server supports “Referer” header or not (recommended: All)
- User-agent header support: Does this server supports “User-Agent” header or not (recommended: All)
- HTTPS support: Can this server open secure HTTP pages or not (recommended: True)
- Anonymity Level: The level of anonymity that is server supports (recommended: All)
- Proxy Protocol: What type of a server do you need? SOCKS4, SOCKS5 or HTTP (recommended: SOCKS5)
- Country: This is the location of the proxy server. If the server is transparent your final location will be the same as the server’s location (recommended: All)
How can I find my external IP address when I am connected to a remote server?
In the popup, under the log section, your exit IP address is printed (the IP address that is seen by web servers). You can also use the two online services the extension provides at the bottom of the popup area. You can check the external IP address or whether there is a DNS leakage or not.
What is the difference between HTTP and SOCKS servers?
HTTP server cannot tunnel your DNS traffic, so your actual IP address can be revealed. Use the "DNS Tool" in the popup to make sure your DNS is not leaking. If anonymity is important for you it is recommended to use SOCKS5 servers.
When I am using a transparent service, is it possible to find my actual location?
|Please keep reviews clean, avoid the use of improper language and do not post any personal information.||HTML tags|
What's new in this version
Permissions are explained
|storage||to save user preferences such as custom API server configurations|
|proxy||to get and set browser proxy settings|
|https://gimmeproxy.com/api/getProxy||the first service to get free proxy server from|
|https://api.getproxylist.com/proxy||the second service to get free proxy server from|
|http://checkip.dyndns.org/||to display the exit IP address as as well to validate your connectivity|